Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Purpose

Why does this blog exist?  I don't generally like blogs and I've never written one before, so why start now?

There is a simple answer to these questions and a more complicated one.  The simple answer is that I was assigned a marketing project, which was to start a blog.  However, that only gets me to the start of the blog, not why this blog.  So the longer answer has to do with why I'm writing about, of all things, Christian music.  The assignment gave us a care blanche to write about whatever interested us-essentially, whatever we wanted.  So I started coming up with ideas.  I didn't want to do a blog about myself (though, granted, that's partially what this section is, but bear with me), because I recognize that most people out there don't particularly care about what I had for lunch today, my secret crush on Susie Q, or what my favorite color may be.  So I started thinking of things that interest me.  I thought of writing about my favorite book series, which is becoming a T.V. show that is coming out soon.  But then I thought that if this is the one blog that I'm going to write, it should be about something that is important.  Something reflecting my faith.  So I decided to write about Christian music, which is something that is important to me, but also something that I want to be important to other people.  So here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment